First time new members are persons who have never been members of WSA-SMB before.
Any person who has been a member at any time in the past is a former member.
General Membership Information
• Membership is open to persons age 18 and over.
• Yearly membership dues are $120 per person.
• The membership period is one calendar year and is valid January 1 thru December 31 regardless of the date a member joins.
• Members are required to complete an application, sign a liability waiver and pay dues in full prior to participating in any on-the-water activities.
• Only members in good standing may attend meetings. Former members who have not renewed may not attend meetings without paying for the current membership year at the renewal rate.
• Opportunity to participate in a number of day sails offered throughout the year. Day sail notices are sent by email a few days before the event.
• Opportunity to participate in one or more of the overnight cruises listed on the yearly cruise schedule. Members should participate in at least one day sail prior to going on a cruise.
• Ability to attend monthly general membership meetings which typically feature a guest speaker and other educational or informational material. Dinner is offered at the meetings for a nominal fee.
• Introduction into the racing community.
• Gain knowledge and improve skills by participating in clinics and getting hands-on experience on day sails and cruises.
• Utilize reciprocal privileges at participating yacht clubs and organizations.
• Participate in races requiring a yacht club or other sailing organization membership.
• Make new friends who share a love of sailing.
WSA Skipper Member Benefits
Boat owners who become official WSA Skippers after being checked out by the Fleet Captain or other WSA officials are entitled to the following additional member benefits. In order to qualify for these additional benefits, skippers must offer their boat for at lease one day sail or cruise within the calendar year.
• Free membership for a spouse or domestic partner (must also complete application and waiver).
• Receive official WSA-SMB burgee to display while sailing.
Yacht Club Reciprocal Privileges
As a member of WSA, you may be able to visit other yacht clubs outside of the Marina del Rey area!
You MUST contact the Yacht Club prior to visiting to verify that they still offer reciprocal privileges to WSA members. Be prepared to show your membership card and identification if asked. Please note that each club may have different amenities available at their facility; e.g., restaurant, bar, docks, etc.
Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club, where we hold our monthly meetings has extended bar and dining room privileges to our members. Check their website for hours of operation and be sure to obtain a parking pass.