General Membership Information
• Membership is open to persons age 18 and over.
• Yearly membership dues are $120 per person.
• The membership period is one calendar year and is valid January 1 thru December 31 regardless of the date a member joins.
• Members are required to complete an application, sign a liability waiver and pay dues in full prior to participating in any on-the-water activities.
• Only members in good standing may attend meetings. Former members who have not renewed may not attend meetings without paying for the current membership year at the renewal rate.
• Opportunity to participate in a number of day sails offered throughout the year. Day sail notices are sent by email a few days before the event.
• Opportunity to participate in one or more of the overnight cruises listed on the yearly cruise schedule. Members should participate in at least one day sail prior to going on a cruise.
• Ability to attend monthly general membership meetings which typically feature a guest speaker and other educational or informational material. Dinner is offered at the meetings for a nominal fee.
• Introduction into the racing community.
• Gain knowledge and improve skills by participating in clinics and getting hands-on experience on day sails and cruises.
• Utilize reciprocal privileges at participating yacht clubs and organizations.
• Participate in races requiring a yacht club or other sailing organization membership.
• Make new friends who share a love of sailing.
WSA Skipper Member Benefits
Boat owners who become official WSA Skippers after being checked out by the Fleet Captain or other WSA officials are entitled to the following additional member benefits. In order to qualify for these additional benefits, skippers must offer their boat for at lease one day sail or cruise within the calendar year.
• Free membership for a spouse or domestic partner (must also complete application and waiver).
• Receive official WSA-SMB burgee to display while sailing.
As a member of WSA, you can visit a large number of yacht clubs! Here is a list of these clubs and the privileges they extend to WSA members.
Introducing our online membership application!
New and renewing members, click here to complete the membership application, sign the waiver and create your profile. Once you’ve created a login and profile, you’ll be able to update your information any time.
IMPORTANT: First time new members can use the coupon code: FIRSTTIME at check out to save $60 on the $120 membership fee NOW THRU OCTOBER 31.
Former members, renew your membership by completing the online registration, or by going directly to the payment page if you already have an online profile. CLICK HERE to go do the payment page.
Here’s where you’ll find the member directory once you’ve created your profile. For now, only a photo and the first name and last name initial are visible to the public. Later on, you will be able to decide if you want to share more information publicly.